After discovering its “yummylicious” taste, I have finally cooked my own Nigerian Beef Stew. It took me an hour and 20 minutes to cook it including preparation. Thanks to my friend, Kristine for the recipe. My husband and my little girl love it. If you feel like trying it at home, here’s what you need to do.
1. Gather the following ingredients.Beef stew meat ( 1.5 to 2 lb) 7 large Roma tomatoes – peeled and pureed Curry powder – 2 to 4 tablespoons depending on your taste 1 medium onion, minced 1 small bottle of olive oil (250 to 300 ml)
Two medium size potatoes- chopped into bite size Two-three medium size carrots, chopped into bite size Tomato paste – from 3 tablespoons to one can – depending on your taste Salt and pepper to taste
2. Slice the meat into bite sizes and put them into a pan of boiling water until tender.
3. When meat is almost tender, add carrots and potatoes. While doing this, do step number 4
4. In a large pan, deep-fry onion in medium heat until transparent
5. Combine tomato puree and wait for 10-15 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Add curry powder and tomato paste.
7. Mix the tendered beef and vegetables and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes.
8. Sprinkle salt and pepper and turn off heat.
9. Let it cool for 3-5 minutes and serve with brown rice. Enjoy!